Prayer as conversation with God in igniting movements to Christ.
Prayer as described and modeled in the Bible is a two-way conversation between the believer and God, guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit, through Jesus Christ Our Mediator. Praying without ceasing practices the presence of God as we go through our days and nights aware of and in communion with Him. Extraordinary prayer is understood to be one of the foundational principles of church planting or disciple-making movements. At its heart is this continuous abiding in Jesus, the Vine, through whom we bear much fruit for His glory and to the extension of His kingdom on earth as in heaven. Just as Jesus Himself did nothing but what He saw the Father in Heaven doing, so we as His disciples also are called to be trustfully listening and obeying His instructions. In this way, we position ourselves to join Him as He is working, going where He is about to come, and announcing the advent of His kingdom. He confirms His Word with signs and wonders following.
Resources for Spiritual Intimacy:
- Listening Prayer Discovery Bible Study Set
- Communication with God
- “Attack Lambs” by Mark Geppert
- “These Signs Shall Follow” by Neil Gamble
- Bibliography by Godspace on Listening Prayer
- “Spiritual Intimacy & Prayer as Conversation with God in Igniting Movements to Christ” Article
- Collection of Listening Prayer Verses & DBS Ideas
- Listening Prayer Resource List
Do you have any other resources to share regarding Spiritual Intimacy? Would you be interested in a group setting listening time? Contact us below for more information: