Moving prayer out of the church/home and into the community with praise marches, prayer expeditions, prayer journeys, and prayerwalking, praying onsite with insight, bearing the Presence of Christ among the communities we bear on our hearts before His Throne.
As believers, we carry the presence of the Holy Spirit much as the ark of the covenant carried God’s Presence in the Old Testament. As the idol Dagon fell down before the ark of God, even so spiritual darkness yields to His presence in us. As we step into some of the darkest corners of the world, we invite God’s intervention among peoples not yet touched by His Light. We bring worship where He is not yet worshiped. We see through His eyes and allow His heart of compassion to flow through us to those around. We receive fresh revelation about the spiritual underpinnings of reality and why darkness lingers where it does in order to address and remove the barriers to the gospel. We waft the fragrance of Christ and become like showcase windows displaying His goodness and grace to a desperate and dying world. We encounter the people of peace God whose hearts God has prepared to receive salvation and bridge the good news into their world.
Resources for Prayer Walking:
- Prayer Walking Discovery Bible Story Set
- Prayer Walking Bibliography
- Article: “Prayer Walking Evangelism Testimony”
- Every Place Where You Set Your Foot
- On Site Prayer Walking and Role in CPM
- Prayer Walking Postcard
- Case Study on Prayer Walking by Jerry Trousdale
- Prayer Marketplace Excursions
- Does Prayer Make a Difference? by Felicity Dale
- SEAPC Prayer Walking Training Audios, coordinates with The Attack Lambs–Prayer That Changes the World, by Mark Geppert
Do you have any resources on Prayer Walking? Let us know below: