Prayer as ministry and member health – Personal restoration and transformation ministries, healing and deliverance ministries, prayer and conflict resolution, confession, forgiveness & repentance for individuals, teams and the growing Body of Christ accesses all the benefits offered by God for the abundant life He promised.
If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.1 Corinthians 12:26 NIV
Engaging with God (prayer) is the way He has given to access all the riches of God in Christ Jesus by His Spirit. He admonishes us not to forget any of the benefits: He forgives all our sins, heals our diseases, redeems us from hell, crowns us with love and mercy, wraps us in goodness and eternal beauty, renews our youth, makes everything come out right in the end and puts victims back on their feet. Jesus modelled this throughout His ministry—sicknesses and demons alike left at His Word. In fact, He used these signs as evidence for John the Baptist that He was indeed the Messiah—the blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. He reminded us to seek His forgiveness even as we forgive others. His last prayer was that we would be one even as He and the Father are one. We know that He always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ Jesus. Even as He sends us out, He commands us to do as He did and ‘heal the sick and tell them God’s kingdom is right on the doorstep.’ He confirms His Word with those signs and wonders following as we obey His instructions.
Resources: Newest Marked with *
- Prayer as Member Health Discovery Bible Study
- Prayer as Member Health Bibliography
- Interview with Joel Frazier on Member Health *
- Interview with Brandon & Sandy Spain on Member Health *
- Trauma Healing in the Church by Karen Carr, published in Evangelical Missions Quarterly, July 2006
- 41 Prayers for Healing – Receive Comfort and Strength from God
- What is Wholeness Prayer & How can it Strengthen Strategy Teams?
- Interview with Annie Taylor on Wholeness Prayer
- Wholeness Prayer Bible Studies
- “Caring for Your Soul in Times of Change” by Rick James, Healthy Leaders
- Video on Forgiveness and Healing from Offense: “The Bait of Satan” by John Bevere